Well, I really don’t know where to start with this!
I attempted to start a design blog a few years back but at that point I didn’t really know where I wanted to head with it. I still don’t to be honest but I think it’s important to have a little hive of beautiful imagery, tips and advice for my other like-minded designer/makers, so I’m going to attempt it.
As a way of introducing myself and work, here is a little collage of DanYELL –
I also feel as though I need to share the things I love in life…this could be a mistake –
- Printed textile design (obvs)
- Scandinavia and Scandinavian design
- Busy imagery
- Geometrics – triangles all the way
- 1950’s Americana
- African prints
- Wooden cabins – preferably in the mountains
- Dachshunds and spaniels
- CHIMPS – LOVE THEM. I badly want one. I just want them to cling on to me like a backpack
- Gnomes – I have 2 who are my hallway guards and 3 in the bathroom who watch you pee
- Japan – the food, culture, people, politeness, sake and PLUM WINE (lethal)
- Snuggling – I like when my face is pressed against my boyfriends face when he’s trying to watch TV
- Family and friends – they’re all weird 😉
- Wooly hats
- Cold, sunny weather. I’m a mess in the heat.
- Looking really closely at things
- People watching
- Space – I’m saving up to go there
That’s enough insight for now…
It’s been a pleasure folks 🙂